Do we still have any members from Texas?

Non-Topic Converstation - Anything that doesnt belong in another section should be posted here.

Moderators: Ami, evtsteward

Topic Author
drag13honda

Do we still have any members from Texas?

Postby drag13honda » November 24th, 2016, 12:44 am

Title pretty much says it all, I was just curious if we still had any members on here from Texas? I know we used to have a handful of members around the DFW area, just didn't know if any of them were still floating around or not. I know everybody kind of moved on to other interests, but I didn't know if anybody still hung around here or still had their cars. Let me know if you're still around and if you still have your teg sitting around.

Lateral G's
G1 n00b

Re: Do we still have any members from Texas?

Postby Lateral G's » November 29th, 2016, 7:00 pm

I am new here, but I live in East TX. I travel to DFW for autocross events a couple of times a year.

Bag

Postby Bag » November 30th, 2016, 1:53 am

Hey Matt. Still here and still have my teg. Two now actually
Randy

Telling it like it is.....since 1977
Owner / Administrator http://www.g1teg.org
My black 88 Special Edition

Topic Author
drag13honda

Postby drag13honda » December 2nd, 2016, 2:23 am

Good to see there is at least still one familiar face and one new face here in Texas.

Lateral, What (vehicle) do you autocross? The Integra is still a work in progress, right?

Hey Randy, good to see you're still poking around here and with Integra in hand. What other Integra did you end up picking up? Did you ever get the paint/body work finished up on the SE? Do you know if Ricky or Steve still have a teg? I know Maan got out a while ago.

Lateral G's
G1 n00b

Postby Lateral G's » December 2nd, 2016, 2:08 pm

Yeah, we still aren't done with the Integra yet. I (Travis) have been autocrossing my daily driver, a 08 Sky Redline, a couple of times a year for the past two years. Typically I go to one NTAXS event in the spring and one in the fall. Once the Integra is finished though we both plan to attend more events and co-drive the car.

Here is a action shot from the last event I attended.
http://www.lightspeedimages.com/North-T ... -zmfmVDc/A

Bag

Postby Bag » December 3rd, 2016, 7:25 am

I picked up a super clean black SE. Amazing enough, nope..still need to finish the paint. Car sat for a long time but it's currently my daily again. Ricky has his, but needs to have some help getting it running right. Spoke to Steve last year I think and as I recall, he still has the turbo teg, but hasn't driven it in a long time. How about your cousin, did he do anything with maan's chassis?
Randy

Telling it like it is.....since 1977
Owner / Administrator http://www.g1teg.org
My black 88 Special Edition

gtpilot
G1 n00b

Postby gtpilot » December 22nd, 2016, 8:26 pm

New Braunfels here - don't own a Integra but a cousin, 87 CRX with a d16a1 transplant in it.

Topic Author
drag13honda

Postby drag13honda » February 1st, 2017, 5:56 am

Lateral - very nice. I've never auto crossed my integra, although I always thought it would be fun. It's a blast to drive regardless. The go kart like ride always makes it feel like you're racing anywhere you go. Very interested to see what you guys end up doing with the integra.

Randy - I was forced to factory reset my old phone in order to get it working again several years back and lost all of my contacts in the process. I kind of fell out of contact with a lot of people as a result. So you have the two black SE's now? What all is going on with Ricky's teg? I think the last time I saw Steve was when he rode down with us to Waco for that car show, however many of years ago that was. My ole teg is still kickin' around. I don't drive it as much these days, I bought a newer(ish) truck that I daily drive now so the teg has been bumped to weekend fun car (or whatever days I feel like tearing around in it). My cousin finished the zc swap in his '87 and still has Maan's shell. He ended up buying a really clean (in the rough) '84 Mustang GT and has been devoting a lot of time to that as of lately.

Gt - that still counts! I have a 3g Civic Si shell myself and a relatively low mile d16a1 that I need to devote some time to getting dropped in. I need to brush up on all the specifics of the swap again. At one point I had it all stored in my brain, but I've forgotten some things since then. I need to pick some more brains again about the swap. How straight forward was your swap? I need to get the garage cleaned back up (one of the projects for the beginning of this year) so I have somewhere to operate on the Civic.

fisherman13
G1 n00b

Postby fisherman13 » February 13th, 2017, 12:36 am

I just rejoined this group. I live in Texas near DFW. I work over in Garland. Just put my 89 RS back on the road in August after it sat for 9 years. I put up a post looking for an 89 Accird 5th gear set. If anyone knows where I can get one that would ve sweet. I just drive the car daily but live the car and I'm gla to have it in te road again. It still needs a lot of work to make it look decent. I need to replace the power steereing rack and the rear window on the driver side. Then I'll have to my A/c working for the summer. Be nice to meet some peope who know where to get some stuff to keep the car going.

fisherman13
G1 n00b

Postby fisherman13 » February 13th, 2017, 12:37 am

I also have 2 1st gen crx's in the driveway.

gtpilot
G1 n00b

Postby gtpilot » February 15th, 2017, 4:19 pm

drag - the swap was pretty easy. I stayed with stock hubs/uprights and made my own axles form Integra inner CV joints and Honda shafts/outer joints. Wiring wasn't that bad - I use a 91 Integra PR4 ECU that is chipped. http://www.muller.net/sonny/crx/ - good resource as well as http://www.redpepperracing.com/forums/index.php?act=idx

g1teg
G1 n00b

Postby g1teg » April 10th, 2017, 6:58 pm

I'm down in Houston. Haven't seen another working g1teg down here in ages.
96 DB8 GSR
88 Black SE
05 S2000

Ami
G1 n00b

Postby Ami » May 8th, 2017, 10:12 pm

We do still have members from Texas, but they are mainly on Facebook these days. You may have better luck finding people in your area by going and posting on these groups:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/VintageIntegraClub/
&
https://www.facebook.com/groups/FirstGenerationIntegra/
Let's turn the mothership into a party boat! Post on G1Teg more frequently!

Ami & Dan's 1987 LS Hatch *http://www.g1teg.org/viewtopic.php?p=9349*

Return to “NTC”