slammed and bangin

Various setups, tips, etc.

Moderators: Ami, evtsteward

Mikakey
Legit G1Tegger

Re: slammed and bangin

Postby Mikakey » July 31st, 2014, 5:32 am

It is probably more to do that when you make the stock torque bars lowered they get weaker. Because they are a thin bar a good upgrade is to replace them with a thicker set from a company called upgrade motoring. I have the 27.5mm and they make a huge difference.

Of course your shocks could be blown out and you will more than likely need to replace them but when I had stock torsion bars and had it lowered, even with new shocks I still bottomed out.

You can help the problem by grinding off the brake hose holder off the shock and lowering the shock into the knuckle to allow more travel but its not gonna save the ride of the stock torsion bars.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
Blue 1987 Integra
B20VTEC with Stage 2 Exedy clutch and lightweight flywheel, DC headers, custom exhaust with APEXi muffler, and Hondata S300 tune.
Upgrade Motoring 27.5mm torsion bars with KYB GR-2s and B&G rear springs.

Biscuit
Legit G1Tegger

Postby Biscuit » August 1st, 2014, 9:42 am

Lowering the strut into the knuckle is limited to one inch due to clearance with the cv axle. It's enough to keep the stock strut from bottoming. Know this, if you have no bump stops at the top of your struts and the strut bottoms the strut is dead after one bottom without a bump stop. FYI Struts are on the front and shocks are on the rear.
There is a company that has a lowering kit with shortened struts. That company is heeltoeauto.com. They have a lowering kit for the 84-87 civic crx that bolts right up to the first gen teg. The price is up there! The ride comfort is amazing and the compression is adjustable for your perfect ride on the street or track. Great product!!!

Nathan
"If I had a nickle for every time that I buckled under pressure I would have five nickles."
Hank Hill

88RS RIP 9-1995 - 3-2006
89LS RIP 3-2006 - 9-2010
88SE FUN FUN FUN!!!

Mikakey
Legit G1Tegger

Postby Mikakey » August 1st, 2014, 7:18 pm

Also good to know is that a company called upgrade motoring sells replacement torsion bars that are bigger and stiffer. I'm running 27.5mm and I love them. Actually wish they were a little stiffer but for bad roads they are good to ride on. The kit that biscuit mentioned is very good quality and composed of Tien parts. Its gonna be the best your money can buy for our vehicle but it is expensive.
If you wanna do it a little cheaper buy the torsion bars from upgrade motoring(about $300) and some good koni/tokico or even kybs for shocks/struts. It'll be much cheaper but obviously not as high of quality.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
Blue 1987 Integra
B20VTEC with Stage 2 Exedy clutch and lightweight flywheel, DC headers, custom exhaust with APEXi muffler, and Hondata S300 tune.
Upgrade Motoring 27.5mm torsion bars with KYB GR-2s and B&G rear springs.

omus808
G1 n00b

Postby omus808 » November 27th, 2016, 5:21 am

That's weird because when I replaced my front struts for the first time, there was no bump stop. Even though it shows there having one in the FSM. What replacement bump stops would you suggest? Prothane, maybe?
89 Integra LS

AlexmenIsog
G1 n00b

View first unread post

Postby AlexmenIsog » November 29th, 2016, 4:14 pm

Where am i looking for it? We cant see a View first unread post. Got it. Its very good. What was there before? A&M

rentdresfpg
G1 n00b

slammed and bangin

Postby rentdresfpg » December 6th, 2016, 10:05 am

I have Skunk2 coil overs and the car is slammed down. I dont have any shocks yet but i was thinking about getting some Tokikos but read a few reviews and deceided to buy the Koni yellows. I had my car lowered for 3 months but still havent blown the stock shocks yet or i dunno if they are blown

Return to “Chassis/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”