Fuel Injector leak, Gaskets/O-ring vs Remanufactured

Engine and tranny related questions or discussions...

Moderators: Ami, evtsteward

Topic Author
ms2000
G1 n00b

Fuel Injector leak, Gaskets/O-ring vs Remanufactured

Postby ms2000 » January 29th, 2018, 12:38 am

My 1987 Integra w/ 175k was leaking for a while - it turned out to be from the rubber seals. So went to Acura and spent $70 buying 4 sets of O, Seal and Cushion rings. Seal rings were expensive like $12.

It then started leaking internally - plastic metal interface - now the leak is bad than what it used to be (how come it appeared when the seal leak is fixed?).

I ended up in buying a replacement Fuel Injectors from a dismantler who also has a machine shop - spent less than what I spent with Acura - came with 10yr warranty. The seal ring (it sits inside the manifold) is shorter compared to the one I bought at the dealer. I didn't want to spend another $50 on the seal rings. Just used the shorter ring that the part came with - dismantler told me they changed them all including the filter. I certainly noticed some smoothness when I drive.

I realize you are not supposed to use the O-ring. How about the seal rings?

What has been your experience?

87g1teger
Legit G1Tegger

Re: Fuel Injector leak, Gaskets/O-ring vs Remanufactured

Postby 87g1teger » January 30th, 2018, 11:17 pm

i remeber mine just started to leak ight before i did my swap. good info though.
Use the "View Active Topics" button on the main page to see what's going on..
"Bro, I only have two hands and one dick. I could only put in one mouth at a time." - Jon Martin
Hacking up your Hondas and Acuras Since 05'!

Return to “Engine/Transmission”