Quick Header Question

Engine and tranny related questions or discussions...

Moderators: Ami, evtsteward

Topic Author
drag13honda

Quick Header Question

Postby drag13honda » August 10th, 2015, 10:37 pm

I've got a really quick question for you guys, Hopefully some of the veterans can help me out here. I'm getting ready to do full exhaust work on the integra (88-89). I already have the header but looking at ordering the muffler and everything that way I have it all together when I go to install. Anyways, the header is packed away right now, and I was hoping one of you could tell me what the actual diameter is on the collector of the header. Whatever size comes out I am planning on running all the way back. Hopefully someone will remember off the top of their head, or can at least get me a quick measurement. 8-)

It is 88-89 header. I'll most likely end up putting the DC Sports header on, so that is the primary measurement I am looking for, but would also be curious on the Lightspeed as well.

If no one has the answer off hand I'll end up digging out the old header collection. I was just trying to order parts without having to dig them out, lol.

MinkelR
Site Admin

Re: Quick Header Question

Postby MinkelR » September 3rd, 2015, 8:24 pm

I have an OBX 4-2-1 sitting in the garage and a DC on the car. Donut gasket fit on both no problems so the diameter is probably the same. I can grab a measurement if you still need one.
1987 Acura Integra LS (Rest in Pieces)
1989 Acura Integra LS Daily Driver
1992 Mazda 323 (Sold)

Topic Author
drag13honda

Postby drag13honda » October 2nd, 2015, 7:30 pm

MinkelR wrote:I have an OBX 4-2-1 sitting in the garage and a DC on the car. Donut gasket fit on both no problems so the diameter is probably the same. I can grab a measurement if you still need one.

That would be perfect. I've got several headers packed away, but was hoping not to dig them out yet until i was ready for them. If you could grab me a measurement that would be great!

MinkelR
Site Admin

Postby MinkelR » October 4th, 2015, 9:01 pm

Looks like it's 2 inch on the OBX, DC should be the same since I used the same donut. I was thinking of doing the same setup with my exhaust pretty soon, maybe with 2.25 inch though.
1992 Mazda 323 (Sold)

Topic Author
drag13honda

Postby drag13honda » October 15th, 2015, 6:10 am

Awesome! Thank you very much for the help. How do you like the OBX header?

MinkelR
Site Admin

Postby MinkelR » October 16th, 2015, 2:19 am

Pretty sturdy. Good welds with thick flanges. Never rusted, just dulled. Good quality for the price. I dented both runners in the downpipe a few years back when I hit a rock and it still held solid (minus the dent). The gasket that came with it burned out pretty quick though. I pulled it off over the summer and finally put on a DC that I had kicking around.
1992 Mazda 323 (Sold)

Jasonboalm
G1 n00b

Quick Header Question

Postby Jasonboalm » November 7th, 2016, 9:09 am

Hey guys, quick question. If I keep my stock front pipe, would the catless header still make a smell outside the car and inside the car?

Return to “Engine/Transmission”