swap clarification

Engine and tranny related questions or discussions...

Moderators: Ami, evtsteward

Topic Author
daretzcracker
G1 n00b

swap clarification

Postby daretzcracker » September 19th, 2014, 12:16 am

hello so seeing as it is the biggest pain to find a useable replacement for my 88 integra I am toying with the idea of doing a small swap to the 90-91 integra b18a1since the ecu would remain OBDO. now doing this I believe I have all the things I would need they are
-engine b18a1, and cable trans out of 90-93 integra,
-axles by hasport
-b series mounts by hasport
-99-00 civic si t bracket
-ecu? for the b engine
- shift linkage for the swap( would the 90-93 linkage work?)
-of course matainence items (t-belt, waterpump,clutch,etc)
- wiring harness?-would I be able to use the original engine harness from the car to the new engine? or would I have to use the B series engine harness to the ECU?

if someone would be kind enough to explain and let me know if there is anything I left out that would be great!

kablammyman
G1 n00b

Re: swap clarification

Postby kablammyman » August 18th, 2015, 12:20 am

i dont think you would need to swap over the wiring harness for another obd0 engine. In fact, you can chip your current ecu and put the b18a1 rom on it, and it will run fine. Oh, and apparently our shift linkage will work since its long enough, but barely. So, the shifter will not sit in its original position, but it should still clear. That is only what I read, I haven't verified either way.

Other than that, as you already listed, you will only need the mechanical bits and pieces. I am also looking into some similar too, so if you do this, keep us updated
The tallest G1 teg driver PERIOD!
87 RS-T (Kasumi) Welcome back old friend
(t3 turbo, custom manifold, custom exhaust, custom tune, ZC cams, big brake kit, koni reds, suspension techniques rear sway, 27mm t-bars, GC coil overs)
89 LS-T (Akane) R.I.P.

I seem to be the one of the few with an 87 teg!

Return to “Engine/Transmission”