Parts at the Dealer?

Engine and tranny related questions or discussions...

Moderators: Ami, evtsteward

Topic Author
ms2000
G1 n00b

Parts at the Dealer?

Postby ms2000 » July 9th, 2017, 4:47 am

I need the plastic clips that goes on the door panel - mounted on the door frame.
One dealer told me that the part # is 90663-671-003

I need to reach the guide for glass - but without these clips, I can not initiate the repair.

Any help?

Thanks

Updated part #

trent
G1 n00b

Re: Parts at the Dealer?

Postby trent » July 31st, 2017, 3:36 am

Are these the pegs in the panel that go into the round plastic mounts in the door frame?

I saved some of these parts from a smashed door I threw out.

Topic Author
ms2000
G1 n00b

Postby ms2000 » July 31st, 2017, 4:28 am

Yeah they are the ones

trent
G1 n00b

Postby trent » July 31st, 2017, 1:40 pm

The part number, 90663-671-003, has both the peg and the round mount. It is still available from Acura.

What happened to the ones you need to replace? They can be separated and attached many times without needing replacement.

The clips pop apart easily after all the screws, the door handle trim, the speaker grill, and the window crank handle are removed. A paper clip with a little 2mm hook bent on the end will help pull out the spring retainer for the window crank.

The panel has a lip that inserts along the window opening. When reinstalling the panel, positioning that lip is tricky, but once done, the pegs should all line up and pop back in. To replace the crank handle, position the spring on the handle part of the way, install the handle 45 degrees up and back with the window closed, then push the spring on the rest of the way.
Last edited by trent on August 2nd, 2017, 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic Author
ms2000
G1 n00b

Postby ms2000 » July 31st, 2017, 5:17 pm

em, do you have a video of this illustration?
Am I correct those clips tend to break when removing?

trent
G1 n00b

Postby trent » July 31st, 2017, 7:04 pm

I don't have a video. The clips with part number 90663-671-003 are the white peg and hole parts on the left side of the photo below. The disc shaped hats slide into slots in the door panel and may shift out of position along one direction. There are flat door panel prying tools available that I have never used. Hopefully, knowing what these parts look like will help.

The top rear part of the speaker grill has a slot that will slide up off of a similar hat. I don't know if it's the same part that will separate, but it probably is. Reinstall the speaker grill after the door panel is on by first pressing the slot back towards the hat a little before sliding it on.

The pegs may get bent if they are not lined up with the holes and too much force is used trying to push them in. For trouble free reassembly, make sure the widow opening lip is seated correctly and the pegs are lined up with the holes before trying to press any pegs in. The inner and outer window felt strips should be even (parallel). The door panel still attached on the opposite side of the car will show how the inner and outer felt strips are aligned. (The inner one looks higher.)

Return to “Engine/Transmission”