Anyone Else Track there car?

1/4 mile ETs, kill stories, etc.

Moderators: MinkelR, Nitrew, evtsteward

Anyone Else Track there car?

Postby classa64 » December 21st, 2012, 2:02 pm

I drive down south from me to Toronto Motorsports Park ( Cayuga ). For $140 you can lap your car as much as you want allllll day. Only passing alowed is on the Front straight. It used to ba an old airport so its wide open nothing to hit. Me getting chased down by a Mini and an Evo. Its so much fun and really gets rid of stress to LOL

Got myself 4 EL rims with some R compoud tires on it and even stock suspension was not to bad, new Torsion bars coming in spring :)
Added Hawk front pads and a CG lock for the seatbelt
classa64
G1 n00b

Re: Anyone Else Track there car?

Postby Mr NW Classic » December 21st, 2012, 9:21 pm

Nice! The 1g teg is to heavy, way under powered, and way under braked in my opinion so Ill be using my 85 CRX Si for track days once its finished.
"Your one stop shop for pre-1988 Honda/Acura parts"
206-940-8173 www.nwclassichonda.com

72-87 Civic
84-87 CRX
86-89 Integra
79-87 Prelude
76-89 Accord
Mr NW Classic
NW Classic Honda

Postby classa64 » December 22nd, 2012, 8:46 pm

Mr NW Classic wrote:Nice! The 1g teg is to heavy, way under powered, and way under braked in my opinion so Ill be using my 85 CRX Si for track days once its finished.

Heavy...Yes, Under powered, I guess it depends on what kinda tracking your doing. And with Just Hawk pads I am quite happy with how much and how late I can Brake going into the turns.

I am just in it to learn how the car handles to the extreme, I would much rather make it turn and stay flat then add more power. I will agree though that the CRX would be a much better platform LOL
classa64
G1 n00b

Postby redteg73 » December 25th, 2012, 1:47 am

Mr NW Classic wrote:Nice! The 1g teg is to heavy, way under powered, and way under braked in my opinion so Ill be using my 85 CRX Si for track days once its finished.

uh...the teg is 2300 and some change in weight, and is about 118 hp so it's pulling about 20 lbs per hp. An 85 crx si is way less power at 91, which is countered by it's featherweight of sub 1900 pounds. So the crx pulls about 20 pounds per horsepower. Mine is pretty much for auto-x and track days exclusively. Feel free to check out my youtube channels. http://www.youtube.com/user/scoobydoo731
redteg73
Legit G1Tegger

!

Postby MugenBOI » December 27th, 2012, 5:43 pm

redteg73 wrote:

uh...the teg is 2300 and some change in weight, and is about 118 hp so it's pulling about 20 lbs per hp. An 85 crx si is way less power at 91, which is countered by it's featherweight of sub 1900 pounds. So the crx pulls about 20 pounds per horsepower. Mine is pretty much for auto-x and track days exclusively. Feel free to check out my youtube channels. http://www.youtube.com/user/scoobydoo731

SWEET !!!! im getting mine ready for the track. cant wait for my TIEN SUSPENSION to arrive
MugenBOI
Legit G1Tegger

Re: !

Postby classa64 » December 28th, 2012, 3:05 am

MugenBOI wrote:
redteg73 wrote:

SWEET !!!! im getting mine ready for the track. cant wait for my TIEN SUSPENSION to arrive

Droool on TIEN...... In my dreams maybe
classa64
G1 n00b

Postby Mikakey » June 2nd, 2014, 5:30 am

Totally agreed, in stock format. suspension isnt setup very well for this type of stuff but all the respect in the world for the OP to just take it and race. I know that racing is a blast and gets rid of so much stress. Wish I had a track around where I live to do this.
Blue 1987 Integra
B20VTEC with Stage 2 Exedy clutch and lightweight flywheel, DC headers, custom exhaust with APEXi muffler, and Hondata S300 tune.
Upgrade Motoring 27.5mm torsion bars with KYB GR-2s and B&G rear springs.
Mikakey
Legit G1Tegger

Return to Racing