Recent tragedy

Got a controversial topic to discuss? Sit down, flex your fingers, and put opinions to use.

Moderators: Ami, evtsteward

Topic Author
87g1teger
Legit G1Tegger

Recent tragedy

Postby 87g1teger » December 19th, 2012, 6:41 am

So due to the recent trajedy in Connecticut. Where do you weigh in on the current talk about stricter gun control?
Use the "View Active Topics" button on the main page to see what's going on..
"Bro, I only have two hands and one dick. I could only put in one mouth at a time." - Jon Martin
Hacking up your Hondas and Acuras Since 05'!

fefrie
G1 n00b

Re: Recent tragedy

Postby fefrie » December 19th, 2012, 7:03 am

About as useful as arguing other red vs blue stuff.

Pure trench warfare.
Yes my avatar is disturbing, yet strangely hypnotic.
Step, clap, snap, clap, step, clap, POINT!

d16a3teg
Legit G1Tegger

Postby d16a3teg » December 19th, 2012, 10:01 am

We have very strict gun control laws here is Aust - I believe this makes it much less likely to have such a significant number of people killed or injured when compared to the US and the level of gun use.

The assault style weapons and the large magazine guns would have to be of concern and the type of controls that should be put in place to eliminate these from your society.

The key issue from the outside looking in, is how do you effect a change which will deliver a reduction in these incidents?
70 N360
86 Integra SX16
88 CRX Si
90 Integra LS Vtec
03 MDX
08 Subaru Outback

Biscuit
Legit G1Tegger

Postby Biscuit » December 19th, 2012, 2:00 pm

More gun control will not reduce the occurrences of mass killings.
"If I had a nickle for every time that I buckled under pressure I would have five nickles."
Hank Hill

88RS RIP 9-1995 - 3-2006
89LS RIP 3-2006 - 9-2010
88SE FUN FUN FUN!!!

d16a3teg
Legit G1Tegger

Postby d16a3teg » December 19th, 2012, 7:43 pm

Hey Biscuit - any suggestion on what would then?
70 N360
86 Integra SX16
88 CRX Si
90 Integra LS Vtec
03 MDX
08 Subaru Outback

tye88
G1 n00b

Postby tye88 » December 19th, 2012, 11:44 pm

Having armed citizens, having people there to protect our children at school, and not just one person, but multiple. If criminals know their are people there armed they won't do these crimes.

Every mass shooting in America since 1950 besides the one involving the congress woman in Arizona has been in a gun free zone.

The mass theater shooting in Colorado where the shooter was obsessed with batman. He has 7 theaters a playing the movie around his house. The theater he chose was the only one that was a gun free zone, it was also further away then multiple other theaters.

None of those facts are coincidences. Criminals know these things. Drugs are illegal many people still do drugs. Because they want to. If someone has it set in their mind to kill that many people they will find a way. You can find guns that aren't legal, that are purchased an not having serial numbers recorded. There are ways around buying a gun legally, and always will be.

Disarming citizens will make us more vulnerable. Citizens having guns, having armed people at school protecting our children, will deter mass killings.

Not being able to own a gun is absurd, and not being able to own a semi automatic weapon is also absurd. You can buy a .22 long rifle where the design hasn't changed in 100 years with that is lever action. A semi trained person can fire off 17 shots in a matter of seconds.

Saying to outlaw semi automatic is a Segway to outlawing guns in general.

Criminals an mass shootings will greatly decrease if law abiding citizens are armed. It's just how it is.

Mr NW Classic

Postby Mr NW Classic » December 20th, 2012, 12:01 am

Ill keep my firearms thank you.

d16a3teg
Legit G1Tegger

Postby d16a3teg » December 20th, 2012, 8:49 am

Must say that this seems very alien to myself due to the australian culture and the lack of guns in general in our society - to give you an idea - i know of 2 people who own a gun for recreational shooting (ducks and culling requirements) that would be out of around 150 people who i would know and interact with. Really must seem as strange to you, my comments, as yours are to me.

Very interesting debate. Query - how do you an area is gun free? Is it a simple as signs and if you are out and about do you normally carry a weapon?

On the knife comment - yep, if you want to buy a knife here in the state of Victoria you must be 18 yrs old.

Cant wait to hear your comments on that one.......
70 N360
86 Integra SX16
88 CRX Si
90 Integra LS Vtec
03 MDX
08 Subaru Outback

MugenBOI
Legit G1Tegger

Postby MugenBOI » January 26th, 2013, 5:09 pm

tye88 wrote:Having armed citizens, having people there to protect our children at school, and not just one person, but multiple. If criminals know their are people there armed they won't do these crimes.

Every mass shooting in America since 1950 besides the one involving the congress woman in Arizona has been in a gun free zone.

The mass theater shooting in Colorado where the shooter was obsessed with batman. He has 7 theaters a playing the movie around his house. The theater he chose was the only one that was a gun free zone, it was also further away then multiple other theaters.

None of those facts are coincidences. Criminals know these things. Drugs are illegal many people still do drugs. Because they want to. If someone has it set in their mind to kill that many people they will find a way. You can find guns that aren't legal, that are purchased an not having serial numbers recorded. There are ways around buying a gun legally, and always will be.

Disarming citizens will make us more vulnerable. Citizens having guns, having armed people at school protecting our children, will deter mass killings.

Not being able to own a gun is absurd, and not being able to own a semi automatic weapon is also absurd. You can buy a .22 long rifle where the design hasn't changed in 100 years with that is lever action. A semi trained person can fire off 17 shots in a matter of seconds.

Saying to outlaw semi automatic is a Segway to outlawing guns in general.

Criminals an mass shootings will greatly decrease if law abiding citizens are armed. It's just how it is.

I LOVE THE WAY YOU PUT THIS INTO WORDS WONDERFUL !!!!!! I agree with you ..crime is going to go up since people know that other are not armed ... plus taking away our rights ? that our constitution

89chondabrah
G1 n00b

Postby 89chondabrah » February 16th, 2013, 6:46 am

all i know is this country's goin down the shitter real quick and theres no stoppin it now. we vote the guy in for change and nothings changed lol. id love to move to austrailia...id sell my gun in a heartbeat to live somewhere warm and full of rotaries....my 2nd love ;)
we have the technology- shitbox racing

WHOPPER
G1 n00b

Postby WHOPPER » April 24th, 2013, 2:48 am

Burgers, soda, and many other foods as well as knives bats and ropes kill as well but theyre not banning all that
If Google can't help in your G1 hunt contact Mr. Carlson!

yes it is what you think a whopper on a whopper!

If you can't fix it with duct tape you're not using enough duct tape!

evtsteward
Site Admin & Crunkass Teg Mechanic

Postby evtsteward » April 24th, 2013, 12:29 pm

Surprise, surprise. More tax dollars to replace all school whiteboards with bulletproof ones. Sure.....................that'll save the classmates behind the wall. :?
Robert, that crazy guy with all the tegs!
Always an honor to be quoted.-B18Ch1ck
The great ships hung in the air in much
the same way bricks don't.-Douglas Adams

The value of life can be measured by how many
times your soul has been deeply stirred.-Soichiro Honda

Return to “Debate”