Snow's Turbo SE

Moderators: Ami, evtsteward

Topic Author
silentsnow31802
Legit G1Tegger

Snow's Turbo SE

Postby silentsnow31802 » September 17th, 2012, 2:34 am

Figured I would kick off the SE registry with my turbo teg. I bought it from a guy down in southern Cali.

I was told the car had a HKS turbo kit but it turns out it does not. It is a Greddy manifold from a SOHC that has been port matched to the ZC. Pieces of the intercooler piping and the boost controller are from the HKS kit but that is it. It runs a Garret t25 turbo at 6psi. OBD1 converted with a OBD0 ZC enigne, OBD1 ZC intake manifold, 550cc RC injectors, Bisimoto cams and gears, Tein suspension, and a few other odds and ends. Car is tuned on Chrome and to my surprise does not need an O2 sensor to run properly. Car put down 160HP to the wheels but I do not remember the torque. I think it was 150ish?

Here are the most recent pictures I have of it...

I have big plans for it down the road. Next on the list is a manual subframe for it. Still need to order those sphericals from Chedda though! I will keep this thread updated as I do upgrades. My eventual goal is at least 300HP to the wheels, but I want to get other things worked out before building the engine that much.
Last edited by silentsnow31802 on May 11th, 2013, 3:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Snow

Mr NW Classic
NW Classic Honda

Re: Snow's HKS SE

Postby Mr NW Classic » September 18th, 2012, 12:32 am

I fucking love this.
"Your one stop shop for pre-1988 Honda/Acura parts"
206-940-8173 :D

72-87 Civic
84-87 CRX
86-89 Integra
79-87 Prelude
76-89 Accord

MugenBOI
Legit G1Tegger

Postby MugenBOI » September 18th, 2012, 3:55 pm

WOW !!!!!!! i love this ride too !!!!!!! hey alot of things got erased from the last fourm :( but atleast this one is up i love it i just found out about it this morning and it made my day already :) ... how do you keep your wheels that clean and your paint looks great did you clean it up with wax ?? hey and we should hang out sometime i have 1988 acura integra it looks just like yours

Topic Author
silentsnow31802
Legit G1Tegger

Postby silentsnow31802 » November 15th, 2012, 3:24 am

MugenBOI wrote:WOW !!!!!!! i love this ride too !!!!!!! hey alot of things got erased from the last fourm :( but atleast this one is up i love it i just found out about it this morning and it made my day already :) ... how do you keep your wheels that clean and your paint looks great did you clean it up with wax ?? hey and we should hang out sometime i have 1988 acura integra it looks just like yours

The wheels I just clean regularly. The paint is also not as nice as it may seem. It has a few patches here and there where I assume there is rust underneath. I know with some elbow grease and a bit of time it can be made a lot better but I dont have much patience for that. Where do you live at? I wouldnt mind a get together.
Snow

Topic Author
silentsnow31802
Legit G1Tegger

Postby silentsnow31802 » January 27th, 2013, 2:32 am

And today starts the build...

Snow

Mr NW Classic
NW Classic Honda

Postby Mr NW Classic » January 27th, 2013, 8:14 pm

Rare as hell, just make new intercooler mounts please. :mrgreen:
"Your one stop shop for pre-1988 Honda/Acura parts"
206-940-8173 :D

72-87 Civic
84-87 CRX
86-89 Integra
79-87 Prelude
76-89 Accord

Topic Author
silentsnow31802
Legit G1Tegger

Postby silentsnow31802 » January 28th, 2013, 1:50 am

Mr NW Classic wrote:Rare as hell, just make new intercooler mounts please. :mrgreen:

Hell yes ill make new mounts. You know... mounts not shelves lol. I have stupid big plans for the car so everything will be done legit and clean. Man my wallet is going to hate me over the next year or so.

Also made more progress today. Removed the AC wiring harness and condenser from under the dash. Re routed a few wires and vacuum hoses. Trying to work on cleaning up the engine bay while the engine is still in there.
Snow

MugenBOI
Legit G1Tegger

Postby MugenBOI » January 28th, 2013, 5:26 pm

silentsnow31802 wrote:
Mr NW Classic wrote:Rare as hell, just make new intercooler mounts please. :mrgreen:

Hell yes ill make new mounts. You know... mounts not shelves lol. I have stupid big plans for the car so everything will be done legit and clean. Man my wallet is going to hate me over the next year or so.

Also made more progress today. Removed the AC wiring harness and condenser from under the dash. Re routed a few wires and vacuum hoses. Trying to work on cleaning up the engine bay while the engine is still in there.

keep us updated boss its coming out nice i cant wait to see the progress on her 8-)

MugenBOI
Legit G1Tegger

Postby MugenBOI » March 18th, 2013, 2:33 pm

whats new on with her ??

Topic Author
silentsnow31802
Legit G1Tegger

Postby silentsnow31802 » March 18th, 2013, 7:43 pm

Got a few parts

Also working on a full LED conversion kit for the blinkers and such lights. Installed some JDM fogs and the gumball side markers since the last pictures too. Also lowered the front down a hair so it sits more level.
Snow

MugenBOI
Legit G1Tegger

Postby MugenBOI » March 19th, 2013, 5:13 pm

sweet are those pistons and piston rings :) are you going to bore out the engine ?

Topic Author
silentsnow31802
Legit G1Tegger

Postby silentsnow31802 » March 19th, 2013, 6:50 pm

MugenBOI wrote:sweet are those pistons and piston rings :) are you going to bore out the engine ?

They are JE 75.50 pistons for a d16a6 so the engine will only be bored to fit the oversized pistons, nothing that will really make the displacement larger, just looking to create a nice smooth surface for the new parts to glide aginst. I will need to mill the head a bit to get the desired compression ratio. They came with rings and wrist pins to install to the eagle rods.

I also have a set of ARP studs here, had to order the one longer stud though so thats on the way.

Next up is the supertech head kit then the performer x intake mani. I also need to tear down the engine to see what size the main/rod bearings need to be before I order them.
Snow

Topic Author
silentsnow31802
Legit G1Tegger

Postby silentsnow31802 » May 11th, 2013, 3:16 am

Swapping the manual subframe and steering rack in over the past few days. Its a very dirty job lol. Found that my torsion bars were hammered in which mushroomed the ends making them almost impossible to get out. I had to take a dremel and cut off a bunch of material to get them out. Also found they had no retaining rings or c clips at all so they were just sitting in the tubes free... sweet right?

Right now im stuck with the sway bar bushings. The brackets are different between the two subframes and the integra has a larger sway bar. I ended up ordering civic bushings and im going to try and get the integra bar to fit inside of them.

The two racks as they sit right now.

The two sway bar mounts. Both have the integra bushing in them. left is integra stock and right is civic stock.

New subframe has all new bushings, new control arms with ball joints, and a new steering rack. Of course a new coat of paint over the entire thing to give it a clean look for install.

Had to drop most the exhaust. Its all welded so I can not remove it with the rear axle installed. Im going to fix the leaking oil pan while im down there.

Just for a reference this is what the steering rack looked like a couple days ago. Apparently new parts can rust!
Snow

247christian
Legit G1Tegger

Re: Snow's Turbo SE

Postby 247christian » May 11th, 2013, 5:47 am

I had the same problem with the sway bar brackets. Shittt... i used the civic ones? but had a hard time bolting them down... its been awhile since i did it.. Almost a year ago... Anyways, What brand ball Joints is that?? i ordered Beck/Arnley and my driver one is already rusty just from the rain.. Btw dont sell your car please. I like the fact that your sticking with the d16a1 build instead of a b-series. I mean v-tec great but so is repping the d16a1 motor. I will be following your thread and im going to post my build thread soon too.

Topic Author
silentsnow31802
Legit G1Tegger

Postby silentsnow31802 » May 11th, 2013, 6:02 am

247christian wrote:I had the same problem with the sway bar brackets. Shittt... i used the civic ones? but had a hard time bolting them down... its been awhile since i did it.. Almost a year ago... Anyways, What brand ball Joints is that?? i ordered Beck/Arnley and my driver one is already rusty just from the rain.. Btw dont sell your car please. I like the fact that your sticking with the d16a1 build instead of a b-series. I mean v-tec great but so is repping the d16a1 motor. I will be following your thread and im going to post my build thread soon too.

Im pretty sure theyre the beck/arnley ones. Stupid they rusted like that. Im glad they werent on the car already. Ill keep the car. I have too much money and time into it to get rid of it. Besides I know if I got rid of it I would end up regretting it. I wanted to keep the A1 because its different. Everyone has a B series but nobody has an A1 anymore.
Snow

247christian
Legit G1Tegger

Postby 247christian » May 11th, 2013, 6:06 am

what kind of paint did you use on the subframe?? Tomorrow im finishing up my suspension and i might as well paint the control arms so it wont rust this time .

Topic Author
silentsnow31802
Legit G1Tegger

Postby silentsnow31802 » May 11th, 2013, 6:12 am

247christian wrote:what kind of paint did you use on the subframe?? Tomorrow im finishing up my suspension and i might as well paint the control arms so it wont rust this time .

http://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-252462 ... B003CT4AF2
That right there. I had some left over from when I stupidly spray bombed my other teg. Man how I regret that lol. Yea it was different colors but at least it was mostly factory. Oh well!
Snow

Topic Author
silentsnow31802
Legit G1Tegger

Postby silentsnow31802 » May 11th, 2013, 9:51 pm

I lied the control arms are Moog not Beck/Arnley.
Snow

Topic Author
silentsnow31802
Legit G1Tegger

Postby silentsnow31802 » May 18th, 2013, 7:27 am

Started the wire tuck today. Man what a mess! Cant wait until its done and cleaner looking.
Snow

Topic Author
silentsnow31802
Legit G1Tegger

Postby silentsnow31802 » May 22nd, 2013, 2:51 am

More progress on the wire tuck today. I had to extend every wire for the side harness going to the front lights and such things. What a pain! Im also running out of that wire covering stuff from my donor engine harness.

Snow

Topic Author
silentsnow31802
Legit G1Tegger

Postby silentsnow31802 » May 23rd, 2013, 5:24 am

P29 Intake manifold mostly assembled. Need to make a custom throttle body gasket, port match it to the intake mani, and helicoil a screw hole for the MAP sensor on the throttle body... it came from the factory with a stripped one.... :-\

Snow

g1_teg_lover
G1 n00b

Postby g1_teg_lover » May 24th, 2013, 6:22 am

That intake looks great... What's the difference between it and the stock intake?
Knowledge gets accumulated like resins in bongs.

Topic Author
silentsnow31802
Legit G1Tegger

Postby silentsnow31802 » May 24th, 2013, 3:43 pm

It allows for the use of many other throttle bodies. That is a H22 throttle body on that one.
Snow

Miketakeahike
G1 n00b

Postby Miketakeahike » June 27th, 2013, 6:37 am

What duty (%) do you peak at maximum load on your injectors?
What kind of Power (hp/ps) do you produce?

Any tips on my turbo build on size injectors if not going past 200 hp?
Babyblue Teg 1988 5D
"http://s1344.photobucket.com/user/Miketakeahike/library/Acura"
If you are a Yank beware, the rest of the world uses the metric system ;)

Topic Author
silentsnow31802
Legit G1Tegger

Postby silentsnow31802 » September 18th, 2013, 11:31 pm

Miketakeahike wrote:What duty (%) do you peak at maximum load on your injectors?
What kind of Power (hp/ps) do you produce?

Any tips on my turbo build on size injectors if not going past 200 hp?

I'm not sure about duty %. My tune is a little funky. The ecu thinks they're 650cc so the duty cycle isn't right on paper. I used 550cc and made 160hp to the wheels. I'd say go at least 550 cc that way your not maxing out your injectors under wot

JorgeDoyle wrote:
silentsnow31802 wrote:Got a few parts

Also working on a full led light conversion kit for the blinkers and such lights. Installed some JDM fogs and the gumball side markers since the last pictures too. Also lowered the front down a hair so it sits more level

Really good parts man..How which the entire conversion kit costs you?

I don't even know how much lol. Id rather not do the math. Entire thing is up for sale right now though.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
Snow

Return to “1988 SE Models”