G1_Teg_Lover's '88 Teg

Moderators: Ami, evtsteward

Topic Author
g1_teg_lover
G1 n00b

G1_Teg_Lover's '88 Teg

Postby g1_teg_lover » March 22nd, 2013, 6:55 am

Picked up my teg back in '05 from a former co-worker of mine for $100 (she wanted it gone). Currently she's sitting at 172k miles (143k at time of purchase) on the Odometer. Currently has been fitted with a 2.25" exhaust piping from the Cat. converter back, with a glasspack resonator and magnaflow muffler. Have replaced the rotors with slotted and drilled rotors (old rotors were worn badly, previous owner never changed brake pads, wear markers on pads had cut into the rotors). Installed a Pioneer CD player with an Aux-In cable routed under the center console (for use with MP3 player) that runs into a Kenwood graphic equalizer (fit where the factory EQ would sit, which then runs to a 1000w five channel amplifier (sounds great, bass is really strong).

Here's her sitting in all her glory:

After Dying the Carpet Black:

After installing H4 Headlight conversion and fog lights:

With the Bra installed (Haven't put back on, made getting under the hood a PITA):

Engine Bay (Right after I purchased her, was alot cleaner then I expected):

The sound system:

Brake Rotors (Before):

Brake Rotors (Before Being Installed):

Brake Rotors (Installed):

New Valve cover:

Intake:

Rims:

Makeshift Leaf guard for the blower:
Knowledge gets accumulated like resins in bongs.

MugenBOI
Legit G1Tegger

Re: G1_Teg_Lover's '88 Teg

Postby MugenBOI » March 22nd, 2013, 10:08 am

nice car except for those gay foggers :/ ... where did you get your new rotors?

87g1teger
Legit G1Tegger

Postby 87g1teger » March 22nd, 2013, 1:48 pm

Lets not hate.. This isn't Honda-tech.. Play nice guys..
Use the "View Active Topics" button on the main page to see what's going on..
"Bro, I only have two hands and one dick. I could only put in one mouth at a time." - Jon Martin
Hacking up your Hondas and Acuras Since 05'!

Topic Author
g1_teg_lover
G1 n00b

Postby g1_teg_lover » March 22nd, 2013, 6:16 pm

MugenBOI wrote:nice car except for those gay foggers :/ ... where did you get your new rotors?

When I ordered them, they were supposed to be square, but the place sent me the round ones instead, figured I'd make them work instead of fighting to get a refund at the time.

As far as the rotors go, I found them on ebay (since the local parts shops wanted $75 for all 4 lines and $200 for all 4 rotors). Was something like $99 for all 4 rotors and $75 for the stainless steel lines.

MugenBOI
Legit G1Tegger

Postby MugenBOI » March 23rd, 2013, 4:40 pm

g1_teg_lover wrote:
MugenBOI wrote:nice car except for those gay foggers :/ ... where did you get your new rotors?

When I ordered them, they were supposed to be square, but the place sent me the round ones instead, figured I'd make them work instead of fighting to get a refund at the time.

As far as the rotors go, I found them on ebay (since the local parts shops wanted $75 for all 4 lines and $200 for all 4 rotors). Was something like $99 for all 4 rotors and $75 for the stainless steel lines.

square ?? what do you mean they where sopose to be square?????? and where did you order your stainless steel lines ? did the brakes and lines make a big differnce ? do you guys know where i can find a set like this with the stainless lines i want to do that next on my baby 8-)

Topic Author
g1_teg_lover
G1 n00b

Postby g1_teg_lover » March 23rd, 2013, 5:31 pm

MugenBOI wrote:square ?? what do you mean they where sopose to be square?????? and where did you order your stainless steel lines ? did the brakes and lines make a big differnce ? do you guys know where i can find a set like this with the stainless lines i want to do that next on my baby 8-)

Yeah, they were supposed to be square lights, because they would have looked more like the lights that were supposed to be down there... :D

The brake lines made a noticible difference as far as the pedel feel goes, it doesn't feel spongy, pedal feels alot firmer and has a tad more responsiveness (might be wrong wording to use, can't think of the right wording atm). Add in the rotors and some good brake pads, and it's like stopping on a dime when you press the brakes. I managed to get them on both on ebay for a decent price (seems that the prices have gone up over the years :cry: )

Here's the SS lines that I used (were alot cheaper when i got them... :lol: )
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Goodridge-G-Sto ... d7&vxp=mtr

Return to “1988 LS Models”