I picked up this car back in 2007 from the U of M with less than 100 total miles on it since it was donated new back in 1986 from Bloomington Acura. The car was used as a kinesiology drunk driving simulation car without any running gear and a whole bunch of sensors and stuff wired up in it for the simulation so the driver got feedback like the car was actually moving. At the time, I was rebuilding a motor from my first car ever (still a special place in my heart) which was a 1988 Integra and had to pick it up since it made so much sense. Please excuse all the crappy cell phone pictures.
Here's how it sat as of 2010:
But I decided to pick up all the necessary parts for a B-swap:
Found a guy on a local honda forum selling this motor (B18C1):
Picked it up in my 1998 Integra!
...and this tranny (B16 with quaife lSD):
...to replace this:
This thing is has been a blast!
Here's the baseline dyno results
...and a photo of her airing out.
That's as far as I got in summer 2012. I will try to find pictures of the steps leading to that point.
Next stesps in the process are finalizing the turbo build with a goal of 300 whp - then off to paint - hopefully end of the season 2013.