Post your pics here!

Moderators: Ami, evtsteward

Topic Author
ukteg
Legit G1Tegger

The Doner civic

Postby ukteg » August 1st, 2013, 10:02 pm

Just picked this up the other week from a man next door to me

2 owners from new, lots of history, new brake lines, calipers, discs, new clutch,

Its a 1999 Honda Civic MB6 aerodeck 1.8vti DOHC 170bhp b18c4

bought to clean up and sell but thought id keep it and use the engine for the teg

not a bad car starts first time and runs sweet - just started with a power steering leak from a worn pipe

ill post pics up once ive give it a valet
86 Integra EXI x1
87 Integra EXI x1
88 Integra EXI x1
90 Honda Concerto 1.6-16
89 Integra EXI x2
71 Triumph Dolamite
89 Integra LX auto x1

coming soon ukdmjdmparts.co.uk

evtsteward
Site Admin & Crunkass Teg Mechanic

Re: The Doner civic

Postby evtsteward » August 2nd, 2013, 12:20 pm

Whatever you decide to do with it, I'm glad you're looking to the future in keeping your pride and joy on the road. Congrats! :D
Robert, that crazy guy with all the tegs!
Always an honor to be quoted.-B18Ch1ck
The great ships hung in the air in much
the same way bricks don't.-Douglas Adams

The value of life can be measured by how many
times your soul has been deeply stirred.-Soichiro Honda

Mr NW Classic
NW Classic Honda

Postby Mr NW Classic » August 3rd, 2013, 1:28 am

That thing is fresh! I want one!
"Your one stop shop for pre-1988 Honda/Acura parts"
206-940-8173 :D

72-87 Civic
84-87 CRX
86-89 Integra
79-87 Prelude
76-89 Accord

Biscuit
Legit G1Tegger

Postby Biscuit » August 3rd, 2013, 9:04 am

I did not know such a thing existed.
That was not available in the US for whatever idiotic reason.
I would love to have one for my wife and kids.
"If I had a nickle for every time that I buckled under pressure I would have five nickles."
Hank Hill

88RS RIP 9-1995 - 3-2006
89LS RIP 3-2006 - 9-2010
88SE FUN FUN FUN!!!

Topic Author
ukteg
Legit G1Tegger

Postby ukteg » August 6th, 2013, 9:02 pm

Biscuit wrote:I did not know such a thing existed.
That was not available in the US for whatever idiotic reason.
I would love to have one for my wife and kids.

thought it would have made the US market,

mugen have done a few bits for it - rear spoiler i once seen but very rare, MB6 front end parts fit

front end is still MB6 Civic its no different to the saloon

evtsteward wrote:Whatever you decide to do with it, I'm glad you're looking to the future in keeping your pride and joy on the road. Congrats! :D

i think ill always have the teg, id sell most other things to keep it alive :lol:

for me to get this thing in motion ive got to import about every part you need which is not going to be cheap

i feel its worth it as its never been done in the Uk,

ive looked into what i need -

Hasport mounts
Hasport driveshafts
My teg dont have a ECU - so will be using the Civic one -
also i miss out on some loom not having a ECU - again civic engine harness will be used -
ive got a 86/87 ECU to engine loom spare if this is needed - not sure
not sure if my P/Steering will have to go - i saw specialteg use a electronic style - will ask him for more info
mine is automatic - so peddel set up to change - got this spare
dials need to be changed - id like to put the 86/87 style ones in if poss - got these spare

Qs are

what do i take from this Civic to fit the engine into my Integra
and what do i buy - and will only buy new

this is the only place for help and RPR but not been there for ages Uk sites have NO idea

but ill be posting on the build page for help when needed
86 Integra EXI x1
87 Integra EXI x1
88 Integra EXI x1
90 Honda Concerto 1.6-16
89 Integra EXI x2
71 Triumph Dolamite
89 Integra LX auto x1

qikteg
Legit G1Tegger

Postby qikteg » August 8th, 2013, 11:14 am

more or less treat it like a front cut, because no matter how long your list is, there will always be something missing, and if you have the complete front cut, you can just pull parts out as required. i wouldn't be getting rid of anything until the engine is running and registered in the integra.

because its b18c, you're looking at obd1 or obd2, so forget the 86/87 wiring or ecu, they'll do you no good. if you're converting from a carby setup you'll need to upgrade the fuel pump (and lines?). the usual way that it goes is that the engine side loom gets reconfigured to suit the dash/ECU side of the loom, but if you're upgrading entirely to obd1 or 2, then my guess is that you'll probably need to rewire your dash to suit the civic wiring. Vehicle speed sensor will need to be added to the dash as well.

i reckon you've got a big job on your hands really. obd0 to obd0 is pretty straight forward, but obd0 to obd1/2 is a bit more complicated. carb to obd1/2... challenging.

i gotta say though, i love the civic wagon as is. doesn't exist here in australia, b18c powered wagons would be very popular.

EhBrah

Postby EhBrah » August 8th, 2013, 12:22 pm

A prime example of why Honda US needed a shakedown and realignment. Many people would want one even if it only had a B18A...Honda fail...
In the future, everything will work.

Topic Author
ukteg
Legit G1Tegger

Postby ukteg » August 16th, 2013, 9:48 pm

qikteg, the civic is obd2 i think,

its a full road worthy car so can take all i need from it

mine is carb with electronic ignition,
ive got the 89 Integra on the driveway unused with a D16A2 black top engine, and was going to just use that with it been straight forward and just swap everything out - but thats the easy way

we was going to use a walbro fuel pump with custom made braided fuel lines for that side of things
sure it cant be to hard to get this thing working

i can use the whole engine loom from the civic with ecu

also does the fuesboard get changed of added to
86 Integra EXI x1
87 Integra EXI x1
88 Integra EXI x1
90 Honda Concerto 1.6-16
89 Integra EXI x2
71 Triumph Dolamite
89 Integra LX auto x1

JLAUDIOinCIVIC
Legit G1Tegger

Postby JLAUDIOinCIVIC » August 18th, 2013, 7:10 pm

ill take 2
88 integra ls se black/gold- semi daily
88 yugo gv. motor less
84 nissan 200sx/s12. ka24e powered if i ever get off my ass
84 gmc 1500, small block. hauler, dd for now

qikteg
Legit G1Tegger

Postby qikteg » August 19th, 2013, 6:15 am

I guess if you don't mind dissecting the 89 then yeah, i don't see that you're going to run into too many issues that can't be resolved. you may benefit from an obd0/obd2 ECU harness - i think hondata or rywire make conversion harnesses.

but i'd say that besides mounts, axles and fuel pump, between the civic and the 89, you'll have near everything you need to put it together. You'll lose air con and power steering, so you may need to get a manual rack + subframe from an AH civic or CRX, unless your red teg doesn't have power steering anyway.

what will you do with the engine-less aerodeck? k20?? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

redteg73
Legit G1Tegger

Postby redteg73 » August 22nd, 2013, 2:44 am

I would think the fuel pump would be easy, i assume yours is external like all the us versions, if anything you could just use a stock pump, probably builds higher pressure than the carb version. You can get an obd0 to obd1 harness for wiring, but i'm not sure about a carb obd0 to obd2. I would guess your best bet would be to try and replace the entire engine harness with the obd2 harness. Is that civic transmission cable or hydro. Everyone told me that standard hasport axles would work with my s80 but they are too short. Wiki says it's an s9b which is hydraulic so you need to use one of the cable to hydro conversion pieces. Give the power steering rack a try with no boost, it's really not that bad in a light car like ours, and keeps your forearms in shape! Otherwise a toyota mr2 electric power steering booster is probably what you are after. If you decide it's too much effort, just send me the shell of that civic, it's cool and we never got them here in the us.

Topic Author
ukteg
Legit G1Tegger

Postby ukteg » September 18th, 2013, 8:42 pm

qikteg wrote:I guess if you don't mind dissecting the 89 then yeah, i don't see that you're going to run into too many issues that can't be resolved. you may benefit from an obd0/obd2 ECU harness - i think hondata or rywire make conversion harnesses.

but i'd say that besides mounts, axles and fuel pump, between the civic and the 89, you'll have near everything you need to put it together. You'll lose air con and power steering, so you may need to get a manual rack + subframe from an AH civic or CRX, unless your red teg doesn't have power steering anyway.

what will you do with the engine-less aerodeck? k20?? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Ill look into the wiring from those companys,

also the teg does not have aircon so thats a bonus
but does have power steering which id realy like to keep so will look into the MR2 electric unit if this works

my carb fuel pump i think is in the same place as the Injection model but ive not even looked and there is no power or prime noise of the pump on the first turn of the key so will inspect in the morning, even though ive a spare unit from a old 1.6i model but still the vtec is a 1.8i so a upgraded unit to be bought a reckon

redteg73 wrote:I would think the fuel pump would be easy, i assume yours is external like all the us versions, if anything you could just use a stock pump, probably builds higher pressure than the carb version. You can get an obd0 to obd1 harness for wiring, but i'm not sure about a carb obd0 to obd2. I would guess your best bet would be to try and replace the entire engine harness with the obd2 harness. Is that civic transmission cable or hydro. Everyone told me that standard hasport axles would work with my s80 but they are too short. Wiki says it's an s9b which is hydraulic so you need to use one of the cable to hydro conversion pieces. Give the power steering rack a try with no boost, it's really not that bad in a light car like ours, and keeps your forearms in shape! Otherwise a toyota mr2 electric power steering booster is probably what you are after. If you decide it's too much effort, just send me the shell of that civic, it's cool and we never got them here in the us.

the shell is yours buddy :lol: :lol:

The gearbox is a hydro unit unsure of code ill also get this in the morning

looks like wiring is going to be my demon on this :lol:

few more pics to dribble on - gave the engine a power wash

indoors

outdoors

you can see the other project just behind the civic
a 2004 Mini Cooper S just had a cylinder head and gearbox fitted

ive seen some kitted ones and they look sweet -

we get a car called a Rover 220 tomcat which is Turbo so could poss chuck this into the Civic they used Honda engines back in the 90s and are very alike in looks and think there a K20

86 Integra EXI x1
87 Integra EXI x1
88 Integra EXI x1
90 Honda Concerto 1.6-16
89 Integra EXI x2
71 Triumph Dolamite
89 Integra LX auto x1

redteg73
Legit G1Tegger

Postby redteg73 » September 20th, 2013, 2:53 am

I thought rover mostly made their own engines, with the exception of the integra clone. The honda k-series didn't come out until 2001 i think. There was a rover k series in the 90's but i don't think it's based on a honda motor. The wiring would be time consuming, but I think after using all the wiring kits on mine, i would almost rather do a clean wiring job. The transmission can be done from cable to hydro with this http://www.innovativemounts.com/Product ... Code=41000 or this
http://www.innovativemounts.com/Product ... Code=41001
I have the second one, and if you can find room it's pretty nice, but i've never had the first piece.

Return to “Pictures”