Its been a long time!

Post your pics here!

Moderators: Ami, evtsteward

Topic Author
All4AMD

Its been a long time!

Postby All4AMD » May 10th, 2017, 12:39 am

Gosh it's been a long time! Over the weekend I had the opportunity to visit Ami and her husband so that I could purchase a new car (2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI SE) that was located 45 minutes from her. BTW thanks again for allowing Patrick and me to stay the night at your house and see all of your cars. Seeing her G1 made me reminisce of the time I had in a G1. It's been almost 5 years since I owned a G1, I drove one for from 2003 to 2012 racking up close to 100k between my 86 and later 89.

My time with the G1 sort of came to an end. While I was in Iraq (2011) I had the joy of driving a diesel Toyota Hilux. It was this point that fuel prices were high and I was in need of a 4 dr car (children) that I decided it was time for a change. It was a hard car to find but after having 2 sold out from under me I found my 2002 Jetta TDI in July 2012. I paid cash for it and my friend Patrick and I took turns driving the cars back. Patrick ended up buying my 89 and enjoyed it for another 2.5 years. I even helped him with the car when it needed maintenance. I guess that's payback for helping with the timing belt on my TDI.

PS. VWs are odd with their tty one time use bolts and odd torque sequence. An example would be they call for 30 ft/lbs and a 90 degree turn afterwards :shock:

2002 VW Jetta TDI

Ami
G1 n00b

Re: Its been a long time!

Postby Ami » May 18th, 2017, 6:09 pm

We had so much fun having you guys over! Definitely come back another time and bring Tiffany. We look forward to visiting your neck of the woods sometime!

I also appreciated learning more about what life is like in West Virginia... which is sort of a misnomer because the Westernmost point in Virginia is further West than the Westernmost point of West Virginia. :D

Ami & Dan's 1987 LS Hatch *http://www.g1teg.org/viewtopic.php?p=9349*

Return to “Pictures”