Power window motor, gear for it?

Body, gauges, seats, spoilers, etc. Also electronics, audio, and detailing.

Moderators: Ami, evtsteward

Topic Author
Tegnoob
G1 n00b

Power window motor, gear for it?

Postby Tegnoob » November 17th, 2013, 11:57 pm

:roll: On my '87 LS special, the driver power window suddenly got the jumps, would work normally for a bit, then with help by pulling up on the glass skip then work again.

Today I pulled the guts out of the door, and the large plastic gear that the window motor "worm" gear drives has a stripped place.

Is this something I can get just the gear for or am I stuck with trying to find a used one?

Are the motor assemblies the same 4 door and 2 door?

Is there a Honda model that will interchange (motor assy)? Later year, Accord, or ? There are basically NO early Integras in the yards I frequent, but I notice just about all of the Hondas have the window motors gone already.

Or am I stuck buying a Cardone rebuilt?

I like this car but it is testing my patience ...who knows if I will be able to reassemble it.

MinkelR
Site Admin

Re: Power window motor, gear for it?

Postby MinkelR » November 18th, 2013, 1:53 am

I doubt you'd be able to find the individual worm gear for sale. Is this on the motor assembly itself or is it on the regulator? I've never seen the guts of the power window assembly. Acura doesn't list the worm gear and has discontinued the motor but still has the regulator listed although it may be discontinued as well. You might want to try snagging the worm gear from the 3rd/4th gen Accord or the 4th gen Civic. I imagine those would be your best bets if there was any cross compatibility. The motors might not swap but the gearing might. If you're desperate you might want to try some JB Weld and a file :lol:
1987 Acura Integra LS (Rest in Pieces)
1989 Acura Integra LS Daily Driver
1992 Mazda 323 (Sold)

Topic Author
Tegnoob
G1 n00b

Re: Power window motor, gear for it?

Postby Tegnoob » November 18th, 2013, 2:05 am

So far I haven't been successful in removing the gear from the housing. It is in a housing and comes out with the motor.
The regulator and motor are fine, just the furshluginer plastic gear is stripped.
I hesitate on buying a used one sight unseen (ebay) probably the thing to do is bite the bullet and get the reman Cardone one for $105.
Was working fine 'til the window started to move hard due to mud buildup (Iguess) in the cat whisker.

Arrrgh!

Thanks

Return to “Interior/Exterior/ICE/Detailing”