89 Integra Repair/Replacement Questions

Body, gauges, seats, spoilers, etc. Also electronics, audio, and detailing.

Moderators: Ami, evtsteward

Topic Author
89_Tegra_RS
G1 n00b

89 Integra Repair/Replacement Questions

Postby 89_Tegra_RS » October 7th, 2013, 10:15 am

I'm in the process of finally working on an '89 Integra RS Coupe, 5 Speed Manual that I've acquired a few months ago.

I just have general questions regarding the things I'm going to be repairing and replacing. To be more descriptive, I wanted to know what, and if certain parts will/would bolt right on, interchange, plug and play, you get the idea.... I'd like to do little, if not, any, or no modifications at all, if possible.

Now onto the parts, and questions..

- (Trunk Open Warning Light): Mines is on. Any specific reason/cause? What am I checking for? I know the trunk is closed.

- (Hatch Struts): Will any 86-89 Integra fit right in? Direct bolt-on?

- (Tail-lights): 86-89 Integra direct bolt-on?

- (Hubcaps): What's the stock rim size for my 89 Integra RS. Could I swap on other Hubcaps from other Honda/Acura's, as long as they're the same rim size, and amount of lug-nuts? Do years matter?

- (Passenger Door Lock/Knob): Any 86-89 Integra regardless of Coupe or Sedan fit? Direct bolt-on?

- (Clutch, Brake, Accelerator Pedals): Looking to replace em. Any OEM options available?

- (Driver Seat & Driver Seat Belt): Mines is frayed and needs attention. Could I replace just the belt, or do I need to get the assembly? Direct bolt-on from other 86-89 Integra's regardless of Coupe or Sedan?

- (Hatch Cargo Cover): Where can I get an OEM one, and will 86-89 fit regardless of Coupe or Sedan?

- (Inside Passenger Door Lock): Sometimes when I go to open the Passenger Door, from the inside, it doesn't slide smoothly, or is hard to slide, and feels like it gets stuck. Sometimes doesn't open all the way at all. (Manual Lock & Windows on my car btw.)

Thanks folks.

MinkelR
Site Admin

Re: 89 Integra Repair/Replacement Questions

Postby MinkelR » October 7th, 2013, 6:55 pm

For the Trunk Open Warning Light there may be a plunger switch on the hatch latch mechanism but I'm unsure.
As far as I'm aware any 86-89 hatch strut will work. The SE Hatch struts have a little more push to them but are hard to come by.
Stock wheels are 14". Any hub cap will fit. If you want the lug nuts to show through you'll want a 4x100 pattern.
By passenger door lock do you mean the interior door handle/lock? If so all 86-89 Integras interchange as well as the 84-87 Civic/CRX.
The pedal covers should be available through Honda or Acura. If not there should be some OEM equivalent available through NAPA or the likes.
Technically the seat belts are covered by warranty through the life of the car. Acura should replace them for free but you may need to be persistent. 86-89 coupes should all interchange. I'm unsure of coupe vs 4 door.
Coupe and 4 door cargo covers are different as are 86-7 and 88-9 covers.
1987 Acura Integra LS (Rest in Pieces)
1989 Acura Integra LS Daily Driver
1992 Mazda 323 (Sold)

Biscuit
Legit G1Tegger

Postby Biscuit » October 9th, 2013, 9:18 am

86-87 front seat belt retractor and latch are different from 88-89 and do not interchange.
"If I had a nickle for every time that I buckled under pressure I would have five nickles."
Hank Hill

88RS RIP 9-1995 - 3-2006
89LS RIP 3-2006 - 9-2010
88SE FUN FUN FUN!!!

MinkelR
Site Admin

Postby MinkelR » October 10th, 2013, 5:05 am

^Good to know^
1987 Acura Integra LS (Rest in Pieces)
1989 Acura Integra LS Daily Driver
1992 Mazda 323 (Sold)