Alarms on a teg?

Body, gauges, seats, spoilers, etc. Also electronics, audio, and detailing.

Moderators: Ami, evtsteward

evtsteward
Site Admin & Crunkass Teg Mechanic

Re: Alarms on a teg?

Postby evtsteward » June 27th, 2013, 12:24 pm

High end alarm systems do just what they offer. But, as anyone can find out, thieves have been on top of the technology just as fast as any advancement in systems. I'd suggest you also put in a hidden kill switch in case they have the moment to break in they won't be able to start the car. Or get a detachable steering wheel seems to obviously make it undriveable. Unless you have some fancy stuff loaded into the teg there's really nothing of any value for chop shops to sell. :geek:
Robert, that crazy guy with all the tegs!
Always an honor to be quoted.-B18Ch1ck
The great ships hung in the air in much
the same way bricks don't.-Douglas Adams

The value of life can be measured by how many
times your soul has been deeply stirred.-Soichiro Honda

evtsteward
Site Admin & Crunkass Teg Mechanic

Postby evtsteward » June 27th, 2013, 4:32 pm

While you're tossing money toward the alarm stuff, consider the convenience package where they put the power door lock mechanisms in. Only problem with those are if you are running your engine and door closes while you are under the hood, you better have another key in your pocket cause the doors lock automatically lock when closed. :o
Robert, that crazy guy with all the tegs!
Always an honor to be quoted.-B18Ch1ck
The great ships hung in the air in much
the same way bricks don't.-Douglas Adams

The value of life can be measured by how many
times your soul has been deeply stirred.-Soichiro Honda

silentsnow31802
Legit G1Tegger

Postby silentsnow31802 » June 27th, 2013, 10:58 pm

I have a Python 2 way paging system on one of my tegs. Put power lock actuators in the doors too, been meaning to install one into the hatch but havent done it yet. The system has relays for the actuators built in so its just the 1 unit. It monitors the door switches, hatch switch, and has a proximity sensor so if something hits the car itll chirp to warn whatever it is that the alarm will go off it it continues. It has the capability for remote start but I dont use it. It wasnt hard to do really, just time consuming running the wiring how I wanted it to everything. Pretty much had to take the entire interior out.
Snow

g1_teg_lover
G1 n00b

Postby g1_teg_lover » June 29th, 2013, 1:20 am

evtsteward wrote:While you're tossing money toward the alarm stuff, consider the convenience package where they put the power door lock mechanisms in. Only problem with those are if you are running your engine and door closes while you are under the hood, you better have another key in your pocket cause the doors lock automatically lock when closed. :o

I've had that happen before, thought I changed the auto-lock setting on the alarm module (damn button presses and horn honks got confusing), and when I shut the door it locked me out, all while the car was running in a walmart parking lot. The looks I was getting while I pulled the drivers door back enough to get a coat hanger in so that I could pull the handle open were just too embarassing (not to mention the security guard's coming up to me because someone thought I was stealing the car).
Knowledge gets accumulated like resins in bongs.

MugenBOI
Legit G1Tegger

Postby MugenBOI » June 30th, 2013, 4:47 pm

lol ^^ they thought you were stealing it

g1_teg_lover
G1 n00b

Postby g1_teg_lover » July 1st, 2013, 4:12 am

MugenBOI wrote:lol ^^ they thought you were stealing it

What's worse, so did several of the people who walked past. Only took me 45 minutes of trying to finally get the door open so I could leave (looking embarassed)...
Knowledge gets accumulated like resins in bongs.

Return to “Interior/Exterior/ICE/Detailing”