Water leaking in sunroof...

Body, gauges, seats, spoilers, etc. Also electronics, audio, and detailing.

Moderators: Ami, evtsteward

Topic Author
Tom400CFI
G1 n00b

Water leaking in sunroof...

Postby Tom400CFI » May 31st, 2013, 2:52 am

Big rain = wet seat. :(

Are there drains in the rear? I found/cleared the front drains, but I still get a small "lake" up in my headliner. First time I hit the brakes, I get a cold shower.

silentsnow31802
Legit G1Tegger

Re: Water leaking in sunroof...

Postby silentsnow31802 » May 31st, 2013, 4:39 am

Tom400CFI wrote:Big rain = wet seat. :(

Are there drains in the rear? I found/cleared the front drains, but I still get a small "lake" up in my headliner. First time I hit the brakes, I get a cold shower.

LOL that has happened to me a few times too. Yes there are drains in the rear also. They lead to the very rear of the hatch area, one on each side. Kinda hard to explain... I dont think ive ever cleared them out myself. Not sure how you would get to them on the sun roof side.
Snow

evtsteward
Site Admin & Crunkass Teg Mechanic

Re: Water leaking in sunroof...

Postby evtsteward » May 31st, 2013, 10:41 am

You'll find the duckbill outlet nipples aft of the rear wheel wells, covered by the rear plastic bumper cover and sticking out of the uni-body. These are an L shaped piece so do not stick anything into it and try rodding out the L, the clear plastic roof drain tube just sits in the other end of the L and you'll end up disconnecting it. Try fussing with the opening because sometimes that gets stuck closed and water backs up. If you find that to be the case be prepared for that stuck water to gush all over your face. lol You'll end up having to take the hatch side plastics loose, disconnect the clear tube from the L and then you can rod it out to the sunroof without damaging anything else. Be sure to blow or vacuum the crud plug that was blocking the outlet. I believ there's tube drains on both sides. :ugeek:
Robert, that crazy guy with all the tegs!
Always an honor to be quoted.-B18Ch1ck
The great ships hung in the air in much
the same way bricks don't.-Douglas Adams

The value of life can be measured by how many
times your soul has been deeply stirred.-Soichiro Honda

Stanleymek
G1 n00b

Water leaking in sunroof

Postby Stanleymek » April 28th, 2016, 10:25 am

Im having a problem with water leaking into the truck and under the rear seat when the car is exposed to a heavy rain or car wash. Does anyone know where the leak might be and how to correct the problem.

Return to “Interior/Exterior/ICE/Detailing”