UPDATE - got them done! 5th gen prelude seats

Body, gauges, seats, spoilers, etc. Also electronics, audio, and detailing.

Moderators: Ami, evtsteward

Topic Author
bucd
G1 n00b

UPDATE - got them done! 5th gen prelude seats

Postby bucd » August 14th, 2014, 2:33 pm

UPDATE: I was able to get them done. I took it somewhere though.

I posted an update in the thread, but i guess i should have just put it here:

Before:

After:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So after searching for the answer. I thought i would ask here because i couldn't find the answer.

There use to be a thread of 3rd gen teg seats to 1st gen. And i thoughtvit was just swapping rails. Then i noticed 3rd gen tegs and 5th gen lude was the same. Swap rails. So that leads me to believe i can swap out rails for 5th gen lude sests to 1st gen teg.

Thoughts?

Im trying to avoid the whole pan seat swap.

Any insight is appreciated.

Thx

D
Last edited by bucd on October 22nd, 2014, 3:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mikakey
Legit G1Tegger

Re: 5th gen prelude seats, just swap rails?

Postby Mikakey » August 14th, 2014, 8:33 pm

That would make sense to me man. I didn't know that they were the same but if they are then it should work considering that G3 teg seats fit in our cars by swapping the rails(so it has been discussed on here.)

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
Blue 1987 Integra
B20VTEC with Stage 2 Exedy clutch and lightweight flywheel, DC headers, custom exhaust with APEXi muffler, and Hondata S300 tune.
Upgrade Motoring 27.5mm torsion bars with KYB GR-2s and B&G rear springs.

Topic Author
bucd
G1 n00b

Postby bucd » August 15th, 2014, 12:20 am

Mikakey wrote:That would make sense to me man. I didn't know that they were the same but if they are then it should work considering that G3 teg seats fit in our cars by swapping the rails(so it has been discussed on here.)

Well according to this thread
http://www.utahhondas.net/index.php?topic=35678.0

The 3rd gen teg in 5th gen lude just swap rails and vice versa, so if 3rd gen teg in 1st gen is just swap rails id assumed its the same for 5ht gen lude. Im just doing best guess based on that.

Anyone that had tried, please chime in.

Thx

D

Mikakey
Legit G1Tegger

Postby Mikakey » August 15th, 2014, 2:51 am

Excellent find! Good info to add to this site.

Now on your post about the lude seats fitting because 3G teg seats fit, I see your logic but the confusing thing about that thread is a couple things. My gathering is just that because one thing fits in one car, doesn't mean it'll work the other way around(it would make sense that it would work but according to his thread it doesn't.)

For example:
84-87 Civic seats fit in our 86-89 Integras but if you look at 84-87 Civics, the 86-89 Integra does not fit unless you swap rails. Also mentioned, 86-89 Integra seats fit in a 84-87 CRX but it does not mention that the same CRX seats would fit in the first gen Integra.

Like I said, it would only make sense to me that if one fits on the other that you could do the reverse. But ACCORDING to his post it doesn't work that way. Confusing.

Blue 1987 Integra
B20VTEC with Stage 2 Exedy clutch and lightweight flywheel, DC headers, custom exhaust with APEXi muffler, and Hondata S300 tune.

Topic Author
bucd
G1 n00b

Postby bucd » August 15th, 2014, 11:30 am

I will have to see. I'm picking up the seats tonight, so will be fun to see. I originally wanted to keep everything stock as the car is in such good condition, but the couple rips on driver side and one big one on passenger side is bothering me. I've looked at getting them reupholstered but 250 - 300 per seat is a bit pricey and that's not even getting it to stock. One local company stated that they may be able to go to "antique" shop that usually buys up old car fabrics when they close out, but when that happens he said price jumps up and usually doubles. Yeah....not spending that much. So next best route was to find seats in great condition that would fit. So that's where i'm at.

I will update post of my findings.

-D

Mikakey
Legit G1Tegger

Postby Mikakey » August 16th, 2014, 11:45 am

Yea please take pictures and update. My seats are awful in my car and I really need a solution. No upholstery shops where I live to fix them for $250-300 and I'm not sure I wanna buy some nice brides for $500+/seat

Blue 1987 Integra

Topic Author
bucd
G1 n00b

Postby bucd » August 18th, 2014, 1:26 am

Mikakey wrote:Yea please take pictures and update. My seats are awful in my car and I really need a solution. No upholstery shops where I live to fix them for $250-300 and I'm not sure I wanna buy some nice brides for $500+/seat

No go on the rails. The one side would fit by drilling a couple of holes but the other side will not. Because of the way the prelude mounts that side its actually to the side of the seat. So custom mounts will be needed.

Im reseaching that now but it may be too much cash to do.

If i find out more, i will update.

-D

Topic Author
bucd
G1 n00b

Postby bucd » October 22nd, 2014, 3:50 pm

Little late but here are pics:

Before:

After:

So got a guy to cut off the old "feets" from old seat rails and welded to new. Did a great job. Looks great.

-D

Mikakey
Legit G1Tegger

Postby Mikakey » April 19th, 2015, 4:08 pm

Those look great. So you basically just cut off the mounts and welded them to where they needed to go?

tegbucket
G1 n00b

Re: UPDATE - got them done! 5th gen prelude seats

Postby tegbucket » June 29th, 2015, 5:57 pm

Throw some black floor mats in there mate :roll:

AlexmenIsog
G1 n00b

UPDATE got them done 5th gen prelude seats

Postby AlexmenIsog » November 13th, 2016, 1:22 pm

I was looking at re-triming the seats in leather aftermarket. With the airbags in the seats does this mean that I shouldnt do it?

Return to “Interior/Exterior/ICE/Detailing”